Thursday, August 13, 2009

Greater Sand Plover


Lesser Sand Plover
Great desire to see new waders arrive to shore here. I everyday present to the shore watching if any new spotted. When I was about to get down to sand mud flat, a senior digiscoper Andrew Siani   http://borneoavifauna.blogspot.com/
 came. We were together digiscoping and I was happy having a friend shooting and beside that my silence was broken too. The day was so hot and waders were shot right under the mid-day sun. AAgghhh so hot. Happy birding.

Tools: Kowa TSN-884 Spotting scope +Canon Digital IXUS 980 IS.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sinooorita,

    Nice pics! The lower one is a Lesser Sand Plover. Note the different bill shape, grey legs and prey. I've not seen Greater taking marine worms. Hope to see waders here soon!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for correction, digdeep. Happy birding

    ReplyDelete