Thursday, December 31, 2009

Malaysian Plover

The first day of the year 2010. I went to 2 places, paddy field and lokawi beach to see if any new sea birds that I can add to my bird list. Well about three hours sitting at beach and spotted nothing new. As usual the birds on the beach are Kentish plovers, lesser and greater sand plovers, Pacific golden plovers, a Common Ring plover which always seen alone, Common Sand pipers and Grey Plovers which is also known as Black-bellied Plover. Malaysian plovers are my favourite bird on the beach there and so I spend times with these birds. They are more less similar to newly found bird in Asia, the White-faced Plover. Hopefully the White-faced Plover will be seen on that beach. These Malaysian birds are juvenile. Happy birding.










No comments:

Post a Comment