Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lantern bug

I miss Bornean Black Magpie this morning. When I arrive the birding place I hear loud call probably of the bird that I do not know the exact point from where it is. I bring my bino and start locating the sound from but I mistake I forgot to carry along the camera. It appear within the reach of my 100-400mm IS Lens and really miss to photographing the hard to find bird. Waiting for it to come again but never show up again. These are my activities at late afternoon after the rain stop. Happy birding.

Lantern bug
Chestnut-backed Scimitar-babbler (Pomatorhinus montanus)
Spectacled Spiderhunter (Arachnothera flavigaster)
Arctic Warbler (Phylloscopus borealis)
Pacific Swallow or Hill Swallow (Hirundo tahitica)
This bird is perching at the edge of hillslope.

1 comment:

  1. What an extraordinary-looking creature that Lantern bug is! Beautiful bird photos. I especially like the Swallow's apparently direct gaze at your camera.

    ReplyDelete